How To Factory Reset Your Device
This article will go through how to perform a factory reset of your Ridgelogic device. Factory resetting is important if you would like to reconfigure your Ridgelogic device like in the case of changing your network settings.
To learn how to factory reset your Ridgelogic device, follow the steps below.
1. To begin factory resetting your Ridgelogic device, first make sure you have a keyboard, and connect it to any of the USB ports at the front of the device.
Please be advised that MacBook keyboards are not supported and will not work with the Ridgelogic device.
Please note: The keyboard will need to be connected at all times during this reset process.
2. Next, power off and on your device. As your Ridgelogic device displays the reboot screen seen below, select “Ctrl + Alt + R” on your keyboard (you may want to select this more than once to make sure it registers).
After following the steps above, your Ridgelogic device will turn off and reboot into recovery mode. At this time your display may show a lost signal message.
3. Once you are in recovery mode, use your keyboard to navigate to the first option “Clear User Data” and then select “OK” by pressing enter on your keyboard.
You will be asked, are sure you want to clear the user data, select “Yes” by pressing enter on your keyboard. Your Ridgelogic device will automatically start clearing the user data..
4. After a brief moment your Ridgelogic device will clear the user data and you will be taken back to the main recovery page.
5. From here navigate to the “Reboot” and select select “OK” by pressing enter on your keyboard to exit recovery mode and reboot your device.
6. You can now begin the re-provisioning of your Ridgelogic device by using either a USB provisioning flash drive or an Ethernet (LAN) cable with DHCP enabled.